Ep. 000: About The SANE CRYPTO Podcast
Summary: Think of this episode like the podcast's About page. I set the stage by introducing myself, telling you a little about my background in the investment industry and hopefully lay out for you why, if you are a serious investor, interested in investing in Bitcoin, Ethereum and other cryptocurrencies, you should tune into my show each week.
- Kim Hughes - Founder of Sane Crypto
- a 20+ year wealth manager, author, speaker, educator, financial radio talk show host, and industry innovator. Retired in 2009 to play polo and live happily ever after.
- Live on my farm. My office is in my barn. Have dogs and people coming and going. My horses are literally a few feet outside my window. So don't be surprised if you hear dogs barking in the background. It happens. What can I say!
- How I went from very skeptical about cryptocurrency to un-retired.
- Most investment advice is designed to make the person selling it rich, not you. Most investors are mushroom - in the dark and fed a load of crap.
- My job is to shine a bright light into that room, so that you know the rules of the game you are playing … so it’s at least a fair fight
- Just to set the stage, I do believe we are in an investable bubble. That means, at some point, it will burst. And NO ONE knows when that will be.
- Tend to be very contrarian
- But unlike what you will hear from most people out there, I will tell you what I think, (not shy about my opinions) I’ll back it up, either with my years of experience as retail, options trader, wealth manager AND OR academic research, and then up to you to decide if it makes sense to you. That is your job. Try it on. If it fits, take it in. If it doesn’t don’t.
- My hope is this show will appeal to the serious investor wanting to get into cryptocurrency. Or maybe already in and knows they are flying by the seat of their pants.
- If you are just looking for a lottery ticket or for entertainment, this show won’t be for you.
- If you are serious about making money in crypto currency … and keeping it. It is.
- Weekly - Show notes will be on the website
- Thinking it will be released early early Sunday mornings
- Love for feedback on that … what you like … questions …guests etc..
- Always happy to answer any questions you have about anything
- firstname.lastname@example.org or in the comments below